Doctor Chip
Doctor Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs practice, surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine, pain
18722459

How long does a 10 mg opana stay in your system for a drug

How long does a 10 mg opana stay in your system for a drug test?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Chip replied 3 years ago.
Is that the only controlled substance/medication you take, and, if so, how long have you taken it and do you have an upcoming screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I took 10 mg on thursday for back pain and had to have a drug screen today because of an accident at work. Will this show up? And that's the only controlled substance I've taken in 5 years.
Only the one pill?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>yes</p><p>Actually I broke it in quarters and took it throughout the day</p><p> </p>
The standard answer is from two to five days, depending on the length of time used. In your case, this is cutting it close, even with just one pill. There is no "detox" system out there that will clear it from your body--extra fluids drunk before the test may help dilute the urine and raise your chances, but I'd have to put the chances of you're being clean by the test at 50/50.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything else that would come up as opana? I was just stupid by taking it, I had back surgery 5 years ago and NEVER touched anything except aleve all these years. Then, like I say I fell at work and busted my knee and had to go to the er.
Are you asking if there's something you could say you took that will cause a false positive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll just be honest and say yes.
No problem--it's something a lot of people would consider. But--you have to understand that, just because you say you're taking something that caused a false positive, it would still be up to you're employer as to what course to take, because, even if someone could prove they had taken something that came up falsely positive, that doesn't absolutely prove they didn't also take the no-no drug. And, if the screen is a gas chromography/mass spectrometry test, those are considered gold standards and rule out false positives. All that said, over the counter preparations with dextromethorphan, Nyquil, and amoxicillin may cause false positives for opiates.
Doctor Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs practice, surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine, pain