Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

The following are the symptoms 50 year old male, with no

The following are the symptoms: 50 year old male, with no sexual desires or ability to have an erection; depressed, and an inability to remember and/or recall words. Cannot speak fluently and cannot form words quickly enough to write them. Is this due to low testerone or something else?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
dear customer,

how long are symptoms?
did you consult a neurologist yet?
is he taking any drugs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The loss of sexual desire and libedo issues for approximately 2 -3 months.

The memory issues for approximately 2 weeks.

Have not yet consulted with a neurologist. Am going to see an internist on Monday (hopefully with results from blood test)

No drugs being taken at this or any time.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 3 years ago.
dear customer,

The loss of speech, depression, and inability to remember and/or recall words is likely to be a neurological issue.

It may be due to the thrombotic or haemorrhagic infarct in the brain.You should have the ct scana and mri of the brain done to know the underlying etiology.

The other possibility could be the electrolyte imbalance which may also be associated with depression though the chances are less.The serum electrolytes should be done and corrected to normal levels if found abnormal.

The psychiatric issue like depression may also cause such symptoms and should be ruled out.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice