Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  MD since 1997
9208484

surgery 2-years ago , on my left achillies

I had surgery 2-years ago , on my left achillies . After surgery my left side getting smoller . What can I do to make longer?
Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 5 years ago.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

hi

Dr PG (M.D.) :

given your previous history of tendon rupture and surgery, first of all it need to be determined that whether you have achilles tendon contracture or not

Dr PG (M.D.) :

that can be determined by examination by an orthopedic doctor

Dr PG (M.D.) :

if confirmed then treatment for this is raising the inside heel of the shoe in the reflex position and then gradually lowering the heels of shoes and stretching exercises or using support braces

Dr PG (M.D.) :

but if the cause is not contracture, then you can consult aphysiotherapist for need of stretching exercises

Dr PG (M.D.) :

after 3 years of surgery the improvement on stretching exercises might be slow of less, but it would help you to some extent

Dr PG (M.D.) :

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for answer. I had a great doctor but the problem is I couldn't explante that I don't want shirt leg,I wanted same long leg how it was. I wish he can reverse my leg. Thank you
It is not possible for a doctor to increase or decrease the length of your leg. The shortening that you are experiencing is mostly due to a contracture of the Achilles tendon, which might benefit with physiotherapy.
Regards