Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I have taken clendomiancine and cephalexin for my folliculitis

I have taken clendomiancine and cephalexin for my folliculitis and still have it..What do I need?
dear customer,

how long is the folliculitis?
how long did you take drugs?
did you also use steroid cream?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have had it for about 7 months but it got progressively worse. The clendomiacine was 500 mg 3 times a day for 7 days and the cephalexin was 500 mg 2 times a day for 10 and yes they also had me use steroid cream
dear customer,

Thank you for the information.

The folliculitis is the infection of the hair follicles and needs suitable drugs to control it.It may be caused by bacterial/fungal or viral etiology

It may be caused by the fungus and needs oral antifungal drugs to control that.The antiviral drugs like aciclovir is needed for the viral etiology.

You should consult the dermatologist and have the scrappings examination done along with physical examination.

The steroid cream should be avoided in case of infectious cause as it may worsen the symptoms due to immunity suppression.

The oral antibiotics like augmentin, levofloxacin, are useful in bacterial cause.You should also apply the antibiotic ointment on the scalp.

here is the link for more information

treatment of folliculitis

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you