Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have thickening at the base of my penis it has formed a

I have thickening at the base of my penis it has formed a solid form allthe way around the bse when i get a n erection starts itsbeen like this for 3to 4 years. I'm 61 years old I can't maintain a erection.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
You have to have a urologist look at this
Has any doctor seen it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the GP looked at it refured to urology derpt leter recieved inplied they wouldnt do any thing it would go away on its own. no change in 4 years now the thickening is all at the base of penis in a ring about 20mm in hight not so much in thre shaft
But did you actually see a urologist?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not wiewed by uroligy dept uk based here UK national
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I AM SURE I CAN NOT AFFORD TO CONTINUE THIS ON MY CREDIT CARD PLEASE CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
OK
This could be a mild version of pyronie's disease which is a thickening as scarring of the inner tissues of the penis.
It could be a venous leak, which would make it difficult to maintain an erection.
Pyronie's is treated with calcium channel blocker, vitamin E, injections, sometimes surgery.
A venous leak could be identified by ultrasound.
There are other things that can affect erectile function:
high blood pressure
high cholesterol
Diabetes
Medications

I would again push to see the urologist...emphasize the ED and this ought to be justification.
good luck
let me know if you have further questions
Discuss these issues with your gp as well.

You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.