Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

i have pain in my rib cage when i breath. i do not register

i have pain in my rib cage when i breath. i do not register a fever but am flushed. i am short of breath. hurts more on expiration in the front rib cage and inspiration in the back ribs. feels heavy all the time. no major cough. never smoked.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

Do you have problem in breathing?
Any past medical issue?
Is the pain localized to left side of chest?
Is the pain radiating to shoulder?
Nausea?
Numbness in arm?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is mostly pain when i am breathing but heaviness all the time in my rib cage. i am having some shortness of breath. i am just trying to hang on till morning to see my doctor but thought i would check to see if it may be pneumonia or pleuratic or what you may think. i was just check for my heart and they said they thought it was fine though they did not do a stress test
Well, it is important to check for heart disease, so EKG should be done.
EKG along with stress test should be done.
Other possibility for such symptoms are-

Costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall. This can cause heaviness in chest.
Pneumonia is associated with cough and fever, along with breathing discomfort.

Other common possibility for such symptoms is- Pleurisy, it is inflammation of the linings around the lungs. This causes pain, cough, chest tenderness, and shortness of breath.

A clinical evaluation along with Chest x-ray is necessary for diagnosis. I advise you to consult your doctor and get appropriate management.

Kind Regards
Dr Robert.
:)Please feel free for any follow up query.
Please click Green"ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work. Your Positive feedback and BONUS is always welcome.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i just checked my temp it has risen to 101 up from 97.6 in the last hour
Well, this can be Pneumonia, or Pleurisy . In both of these condition fever is associated symptom. It also causes chest pain and shortness of breath.
Clinical examination, Chest X-ray will be diagnostic.
You can take tablet Motrin for the time, and see your doctor at the earliest.

Kind Regards
Dr Robert.
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician