Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career

stools are dark brown, soft and sticky. difficult to clean.

stools are dark brown, soft and sticky. difficult to clean. problem when passing gas, have leakage when pass gas. male 68 yrs. suffers boughts with pancrittius (sic) one in hospital 332 days two since 5days and 6 days.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 5 years ago.
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be up to your expectations .

Sorry to hear about your problem

Well pancreatitis can result in indigestion of fat and fats can go undigested into the stool. This can result in fatty stools which can cause sticky stools.
A stool test can be done to analyse the stool sample and see the fat content.
Alcoholism is by far the most common cause of pancreatitis.
Your best course would be to visit a gastroenterologist who would be able to examine you and can run few tests like Serum amylase and stool RE to confirm the diagnosis. Only then a proper treatment can be done.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.