tazechip
tazechip, Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

my Creatinine level is 104. My doctor advises that 60 -110

my Creatinine level is 104. My doctor advises that 60 -110 is acceptable. Should I be concerned
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Is there a problem here, since your value is within the normal range?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No problem just concerned because it is high. I have Atrail Fibrillation so having a high # XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Did your doctor check other kidney functions like GFR and a 24 hour urine collection for creatinine? Did you ask him if he were concerned about the number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No unrine test. However all my other blood tests came back normal. Not sure if GFR was tested for. She did say my creatinine level was high and would monitor it. I had the same blood test done twice and both times she showed some concern at the level. Not sure what it was last time however this time she advised is was 104 and at the high end it should be no more than 110. 104 is close to 110.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Other medical conditions, and what medications do you take?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Gout, Athritis, Atrial Fibrillation. I currently take warfarin 4.5mg, Sandoz-Bisoprolol .5mg a day
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
OK--I assume the Bisoprolol is for hypertension, and, if it is, hypertension is a risk factor for kidney disease. At this point, your kidney function is still good and just needs to be monitored. Your doctor might consider placing you on an ACE inhibitor-type of hypertensive medication since that can be kidney protective.