Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I get a white pus pocket in my mouth by the back lower tooth.

I get a white pus pocket in my mouth by the back lower tooth. It will "pop" and release a solid colored white pus mixed with a little blood. Tastes horrible! I went to the dentist and was tested for cancer and game back negative. Was put on an antibiotic for baterial infections and it did nothing.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello
Do you have any dental problems
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a broken tooth on the opposite side of the mouth. I had full ex-rays done and nothing else shows. She did a cancer scan and it was negative. I wasn't impressed with the new dentist I saw (recently moved) and am actually looking for a new one in my dental plan. She seemed more interested in money than health. The pus pocket has been there off an on for almost a year and no one can tell me why. I am a Correctional Officer and am concerned with everything I get exposed to on a daily basis.
A ulcer of the mouth can have dozens of causes.
Does it go away and come back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. There isn't a time frame for when it comes or appears. It will suddenly come back. Never the same size, but always a white opac pus.
OK
It is most likely due to irritation, allergic reaction, or virus.

This is the only way it could keep coming and going.

If allergic reaction you would have to try to identify the allergen.

If irritation then what is the irritant...periodontal disease,....etc.

If virus causing a blister that gets inflamed it would be oral herpes type, 1.

I can't see this but it could start as a cancer sore as well.

This could be part of an autoimmune disease if there were multiple ulceration, but that is not the case.

I would suggest that the next time you have it that it get cultured for bacteria, also swabbed for HSV1.
An internal medicine doctor might be of more help in this regard.
good luck
let me know if you have further questions

Please don’t forget to accept: You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc