khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I am a 75 year old female. I have a vaginal discharge, no ordor,

Customer Question

I am a 75 year old female. I have a vaginal discharge, no ordor, no noticeable color, no buring, not itching, little or no color. Will you tell me what you think. Thanks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
How much is it?
When did it start? Is it constant? Is it getting worse? Does anything make it better? Does anything make it worse?
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? If so, over what period of time?
Have you had a pelvic exam, PAP smear, and ultrasound?
Are you currently sexually active? If so, what contraceptive do you use?
Do you have any other symptoms associated with your problem?
Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?
Do you have any medical problems?
Any surgeries?
Are you taking any medications including OTC pills and herbs?
Any family medical history?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not heavy. Off and onNothing makes it better or worse. I am 5 feet tall weigh l55 no

change in weight. My last exam was Jan 2010 when I had surgery for a fallen bladder. I am a widow not sexually active. I have no other problem connected with this.

I take, Lipitor, Maxzide, Norvasc, Klor-com, asprin, zoloft. I have taken these for

a while. No new ones recently.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what do you need tthat I have not already told you?
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
It seems to be a normal discharge. If the discharge increase, become to have odor, and have abnormal color, you should see a gyn.
Any questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not received any answers. please let me know something. I have been

trying a long time.

Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
It seems to be a normal vaginal discharge form your description of the discharge. If the discharge increase, become to have odor, and have abnormal color, you should see a gyn.
Any questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ihave received your reply. Ilike what you said, however , I have always thought any

discharge was not good. Is there any thing else you can tell me to relieve my mind?

Thanks very much

Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
One possibility is urinary incontinence. It could be not a discharge, but urine.
Stress test. For this test, you're asked to cough vigorously or bear down as your doctor examines you and watches for loss of urine.
See your doctor to have a pelvic exam, a stress test, and other tests for urinary incontinence if necessary.
Any questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for taking time to answer my questions. I would hope it is

incontinence. However, one time when I felt wet, I used my bare hand and it seem

to have some white on my hand, but nothing shows on my panties, I have felt something kinda grainy on my pants. If this tells you anything else let me know. You

have been very patient and I thank you very much.

Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome.
Please press the accept button if you are satisfied with my answer.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Did you have nothing more to say in regards XXXXX XXXXX y last question to you at 10:46?</p><p>I had posted an additional question and have heard nothing on this question.</p>
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
What did you see on your hand? What did it look like?
Nothing on the panties, but something on your pants. Did you see it. That means something came from the outside of the panties? Did something come out without touching the panties and go down to the pants?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I must sound like a dumbie. I have seen signs of something on my panties. I don't know where I went wrong in talking to you. I have on my underware at times a slightly

noticeable yellow/cream dry discharge. When I rub my hand over the spot, it feels

dry. I have never noticed it being wet.

Any new suggestions? Thanks

Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
If it didn't have odor and you didn't have any symptoms, the discharge was normal.
Did you notice odor and symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no odor and no symptoms. I don't understank a norat discharge. I have never had one before. Do I need to worry or be concern? Thanks you for being so understanding.
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
You are not concerned about it. Reassured.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am concerned. I just wanted you to give me your medical feeling concerning the discharge. What could the discharge be? I know I will have to go to the Dr.

Just wanted an idea of what I might expect. I don't like going to Doctors, I am aslways afraid of findings Thanks

Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
I feel like it is a normal discharge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I accept this answer, however, what is a normal discharge, how long should it

continue? Why and what is a normal. Sorry for all the questions.I just need to understand, Sorry. Thanks

Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
Normal discharge doesn't contain blood, green or brown color, odor and doesn't cause any symptoms such as itching, burning sensation. A little discharge is normal for postmenopausal women. The color is white or clear. If it is normal, it continues because it actually serves an important housekeeping function in the female reproductive system. Fluid made by glands inside the vagina and cervix carries away dead cells and bacteria. This keeps the vagina clean and helps prevent infection. You should not douche, which causes bacteria infection.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe you have done very well and answered ALL my questions to my understanding. Thanks for all your help. Keep up the good works.

Many thanks.

Expert:  khagihara replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome.
Thank you.