dr afrasiabi
dr afrasiabi, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine
18172373

what causes elevated liver enzymes can having pancreatic cancer

Customer Question

what causes elevated liver enzymes can having pancreatic cancer cause your enzymes to elevate i just had a blood test and 1 of my liver enzymes are elevated 50 points i have never drank alchol or did drugs the hep panel was negative i have gained 40 pounds in a few years and continue to have swelling in ankles 5 yrs ago i had a dull pain in my adomonen that lasted 7 months they took out my gall bladder but didnt help the pain went away my abdomen stays swelled looking has for 5 yrs when i eat it gets stuck in my throat im having lower back pain im worried about pancreatic cancer my grandfather died from it i have alot of the symptoms execpt weight loss i cant loose weight any ideas and is there blood test to tell if you have pancreatic cancer or just ct scan
Category: Medical
Expert:  dr afrasiabi replied 6 years ago.

dr afrasiabi :

wt gain can cause elevated liver enzymes. this is commonly seen in pre-diabetic and diabetic patients. the pattern of your numbers would be more helpful.

dr afrasiabi :

the best test for pancreatic cancer is an abdominal ct.

dr afrasiabi :

A gastroenterologist would be the best specialist to address ALL of your concerns regarding this test result and its significance.

Customer:

Well my sugar is really good 95 but i gained 40 pounds in 4 months after a year of my hysterectomy

Customer:

when my liver enzymes elevated for first time was after my gallbladder came out i weighed about 120 pounds

dr afrasiabi :

BG of 95 actually suggests that you may become diabetic in a few years. Also there are chances of having gall stones and you meet that criteria as well. Again a GI specialist will be your best bet

Customer:

ok thank you