Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.

Can bronchitis cause the lymph glands to swell Mine have

Can bronchitis cause the lymph glands to swell? Mine have gone from a nine to 21. But, I also have lung cancer which was treated with radiation, gamma knife, I believe and the tumor has shrunk to almost nothing. Have to go in for a Pet Scan, but was hoping my bronchitis is what caused the lymph glands to swell. Thank you for your response.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 5 years ago.
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

Generally an acute episode of bronchitis does not lead to enlarged lymph nodes However, chronic bronchitis can cause lymphadenopathy.
However, as you are a lung cancer patient it is not possible to say without doing an MRI with contrast or a PET scan that the nodes are not infiltrated with cancer cells and are only reactive to bronchitis.

It was a pleasure assisting you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.