Doctor Chip
Doctor Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs practice, surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine, pain

I am trying to obtain adderall 20 mg in northern massachusetts.

Customer Question

I am trying to obtain adderall 20 mg in northern massachusetts. I have been told that it is backordered and no one knows when it will be available. Do you know when it will be available? How can I obtain my medication?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Chip replied 3 years ago.
Is Dexedrine available?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My doctor will not issue another medication. It has to be adderall. I have been told to wait for it to come in

Why won't he give you one month of Dexedrine--it's the same medication?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know. I already asked She doesn't want to use substitutes.

Can you find out the answer to 1. How long will it be backoredered? 2. How can obtain my medication. There is some problem with the manufacturer,

Sorry--I'll opt out and see if another expert can help, but, even if you have an answer, that won't change the time you'll have to wait. I think your doctor is being unreasonably narrow minded here, though.
Forgot to ask--what about Adderall XR?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My prescriber will no give me XR i don't know her reasoning
Is this a psychiatrist? What exactly happens if you have to wait for the supply to come back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I don't know. I am 10 days overdue. My prescriber is nurse practitioner.

I guess what I am asking is, how do I determine a place that can fill my prescription. CVS has the prescription> I assume they could fax or mail it anywhere. I have tried all the local pharmacies and this backorder seems to be a area shortage. I have also been told that similar medications are out of stock.

First I would talk to the supervising physician for the NP and ask if a substitute can be prescribed for the time being. You could try calling the manufacturer of Adderall--Teva--and ask if they can help you find a pharmacy that has it in stock.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Alright. Thanks for your help
OK