Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I NEED A TEMPORARY PRESCRIPTION OF adderall TO I CAN MAKE AN

Customer Question

I NEED A TEMPORARY PRESCRIPTION OF adderall TO I CAN MAKE AN APPT WITH A A PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR.

WHERE CAN I GO TO GET A SCRIPT WITHOUT SEEING A DOCTOR IN cHARLOTTE NC OR IN SC RIGHT OUTSIDE CHARLOTTE?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, but it is against the law for anyone to write a prescription without having examined the patient and taken a medical history.

So, no matter where you are in the United States -- you would have to get that appointment with your primary care doctor to get a prescription for this medication.

Because it is not considered a critical medication for your health, I doubt anyone in Urgent Care or the ER would write this type of prescription for you, since it is a medication for long term use.

I'm sorry, I know it is not what you wanted to hear, but you'll have to make an appointment with your doctor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i actually went to an urgent care and they gave me a 2 week supply to hold me over until i found a primary care physician. not having any luck with that, so ive been getting medication from friends who have it. I can fax you the results of my last physical.I have taken adderall many times. Ive heard from my friends you just have to find the right doctor. too many doctor are too strict and if i dont like the doctor(his demeanor, or he acts like he doesnt care, I dont want him as my primary care doctor. I want a doctor who listens and gives me medication that i know works and have used in the past.this is one time thing. not lookin to make a habit out of this. where are you located? could you possibly fax in a 2 week supply if i pay you more for your services?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 3 years ago.
No, sorry, that is against the law as well.

Despite the fact that we cannot prescribe out of state -- even an instate doctor has to examine you, and have you as their patient -- and so even if I was in state, having never met you before -- I would not be able to "fax" in a prescription for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
so, thats it?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 3 years ago.
Yes, sorry.

That is simply the law.

I'm just informing you that it will not be possible to do what you are asking over the Internet.

You will have to see a doctor face to face to get a prescription.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Relist: Answer quality. so why cant i get a referall to see a doctor today?</p><p>also Rock Hil and Fort Mill, SC are close. they may tend to have less strict doctors.</p><p>if i went to the ER to see a doctor, would he give me a temp script?</p>
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 3 years ago.
We don't refer doctors here, this is a question and answer service.

If you went to the ER, it would be up to the doctor in the ER to give you a prescription or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so there is nothing you can do, corect?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that is correct, sorry.

Best of luck to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can i talk to another doctor located in the Charlotte area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so there is nothing you can do, corect?

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello
The other expert has opted out.
He is correct, you can not get controlled substances legally without seeing a doctor face to face.
That doctor is also the doctor who would have to give you a referral.
Your best bet is to have a physician who works with you for your medical situation on an ongoing basis.

On a Saturday you would have to go to urgy care or the Er again.
One thing you might do is go back to the urgy care you used before, as they know you, and have them extend your script for a few more weeks to find a doctor...but you have to find a doctor.
The ER

Good luck
let me know if you have further question

Please don’t forget to accept: You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.