Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

my husband feels like his foot is wet but it is dry. what could

my husband feels like his foot is wet but it is dry. what could cause that

Greetings.

Is he diabetic, on any medications, any back issues, significant past medical illness?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he is not diabetic, that I know of. He has had Lyme for 13 years and take Oxicotin and Lyrica along with blood pressure meds and vitamins but has taken these for about 11 years now

His symptom of wet feeling is called as paresthesia, which means abnormal sensation. This is likely due to neuropathy. Lyme can cause neuropathy. For the confirmation of neuropathy, a skin biopsy may need to be taken. Other helpful investigation for the confirmation is nerve conduction velocity study (NCV).

The other possibility of neuropathy is deficiency of Vitamin B12. A blood work is needed for the confirmation. Injectable B12 are given for the treatment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your expertise. I was telling my husband your answer and we will have his pain management Dr. address this suggestion. One thing I did forget to mention is that he had 6 bypass surgery and 1 yr later had an abdominal aortic anyurism(sorry about the spelling of that). My husband did say he remembered the surgeon say that he may have these kinds of sensations.

It gives me a great feeling to have this site. The knowledge will help anyone with their concerns. God bless you! Barb