Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

What would cause hives/rash and high blood pressure

What would cause hives/rash and high blood pressure?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 years ago.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Are you diagnosed of any medical condition?

Dr Sumit Bassi :

what all tests have been done for your symptoms?

Customer:

I have not been diagnosed w/any condition. No tests, I happen to be out of town on business, - so they gave me prednisone(shot & pills) antihistimine, and a blood pressure med. till I can get back home

Customer:

it started while I was at home though, before i left on bus. trip

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Dear Jacustomer,I am sorry to know about your symptoms.Based on what you mentioned,I will advise that you see a physician who can check your renal function tests,bun and serum creatinine as underlying renal pathology can lead to elevated blood pressure.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

I will also advise that you ask your physician to do a rast test to know which allergen is responsible to trigger hives in you.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

I will also like to mention that prednisone shot also may elevate your blood pressure

Dr Sumit Bassi :

The redness in face and neck can be from high blood pressure or allergic pathology.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

At present we need to know which all possible allergens are responsible for your symptoms,which you can get confirmed by getting a rast test.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Thanks

Feel free to ask further questions if any.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.

Customer:

are there other symptoms for renal issues to be looking out for? To my knowledge I've never had any issues w/that. And I dont know what I would be allergic too - never had any issues before

Dr Sumit Bassi :

In early renal issue,it mostly presents with high blood pressure,then later it can present with swelling of legs or abdomen.You should also ask the physician to check your complete metabolic panel to rule out adrenal adenoma as a cause of your elevated blood pressure too.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Allergy can start at any age ,when a potential allergen triggers it.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Thanks