Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

I had my period a week ago....now I am bleeding again, very

I had my period a week ago....now I am bleeding again, very light but I am not sure why. My have also been feeling very fatigued and now I have swollen tolences but no fever. I am not sure what is going on??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Do you mean that you are having swollen tonsills in mouth?
Are you taking any pills?
Are you sexually active?
Is there sore throat?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not taking any birth control and yes I am sexually active with my fiance
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.

Having bleeding again once you are finished with your periods, its most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight, imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance, uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

But as this has happened for the first time, you can wait for another 2 cycles. If this happen for three cycles, then you need to consult your gynecologist for the above tests.

The swollen tonsills are not related to this. Its mere a co-incidence. It is most likely due to a infection. Following will help you greatly: Pour a 1/2 to a whole teaspoon of liquid diphenhydramine syrup into small medicine cup and gargle with it. Try to keep the syrup towards the back of your throat for as long as he can.Gargling with lukewarm saline water is one of the best remedies.Throat lozenges will also provide great relief.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have had a great loss of hair as well so does the bleeding tye into the thyroid??? If so, I believe that is related....
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.

Yes, thyroid hormonal imbalance is a common cause of loss of hair. Also it commonly causes irregularity in periods.Other most common causes of hair loss are:chronic illnesses or medical conditions,hormonal conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes or thyroid disease, certain medications,some skin disease,poor nutrition,Disruption of the hair growth cycle.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for the thyroid hormone checkup & other hormones level to know the exact underlying cause & treatment accordingly.

Regards-
Dr.David.