Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  MD since 1997
9208484

im still feel choking sensation in my throat,i tried many things

im still feel choking sensation in my throat,i tried many things just to get over it do i need an operation for this problem?..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 6 years ago.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

hi

Dr PG (M.D.) :

kindly give some more information regarding your question-

Dr PG (M.D.) :

- since when are you having these symptoms?

Dr PG (M.D.) :

- do you get an acid reflux or acidity?

Dr PG (M.D.) :

- any pain in the middle chest area?

Dr PG (M.D.) :

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i feel choking sensation in my throat,i talk to the doctor before and he told me that my problem is post nasal drip.,everytime i swallow i feel something in my throat and i think that the cause of embarasssing badbreath...
I have read your previous posts, but kindly give some more information regarding your question-
- do you get an acid reflux or acidity?
- any pain in the middle chest area?
Regards
I would like some more information from you. Given your symptoms your diagnosis might be slightly different from post nasal drip.
- do you get an acid reflux or acidity?
- any pain in the middle chest area?
Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

about 7 years,no i dont feel any pain chest at all and sometimes i have acidity..

Thanks for the information.
You might be having something called Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD). In GERD the contents of the stomach can go back into the esophagus and cause heart burn and other symptoms like choking sensation, felling of lump in throat etc. What you are having are not typical symptoms of GERD. But this is a relatively under diagnosed condition and can have some unusual symptoms.
Ideally, you need to be evaluated by a Gastroeneterologist and put on medicines to treat GERD. You might need antacids, medicines that reduce acid production in stomach (H-2 receptor inhibitors). medicines that block acid production and heal the esophagus (proton pump inhibitors). I would advise you to consult a Gastroenterologist to confirm the diagnosis and then go for the treatment. You would also need advise regarding your diet to reduce the symptoms.
Regards