Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I was prescribed prednisone for bronchial spasm (deep, hurting

I was prescribed prednisone for bronchial spasm (deep, hurting cough with very sore throat, initially I though it was strep...rapid test neg.) Have developed bad cold with much congestion and now laryngitis. Can I take a decongestant (Advil cold and decong.) after having taken the prednisone and can I take ibuprofen?
My concern is that I am announcing a show today and need a good remedy to get through this! Any help?
Welcome to justanswer.com and thanks for your question.
Well as such there is moderate drug interaction between Advil Cold and Sinus (ibuprofen/pseudoephedrine) and prednisolone so you should avoid taking both medications together.
For congestion you can take OTC Sudafed nasal decongestant however avoid using them beyond 3 - 5 days as decongestants can worsen nasal congestion.
Spray with nasal saline several times a day.
Do steam inhalation and saline gargles as well.
I hope this helps.