Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience:  Physician

My left arm and leg feel numb and tingling. It is on and off,

My left arm and leg feel numb and tingling. It is on and off, more in the arm than in the leg. Mt left hand was a bit painful, but the pain was gone after a few minutes. Should I see a dr right away?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 3 years ago.
These symptoms indicate a possibility of a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) or mini-stroke. I would recommend seeing a doctor asap to get checked, preferably in the ER.
Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>I had those symtoms last evening for 1-2 hrs, I slept well during the night. After aprox 2 hrs since I woke up, I felt the numbness again, but symptoms dissaperd during the day. They came on again 2 hrs ago. Now I have some point pain in my left shoulder and my left hand is colder. I am also i person that worries about everything. Been diagnosted with rheumatoid arthitis +20 years ago, but today dr said they don't have all the pieces for this diagnostic.</p><p>X ray to the left hip says femoral acetabular impingement of picer -type</p><p>some blood results: anti-nuclear antibody is positive, moderate to mild vit D deficiency, RBC are low</p>
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 3 years ago.
Considering this additional information, this may not most likely be TIA, but its still possible. Other possible causes are pinched nerves, medication side effects, anxiety disorder etc. You should benefit from anxiety treatment. But you do need to see your doctor soon to get some tests done to rule out TIA. If your symptoms worsen, going to the ER will be recommended.
Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does the x-ray finding has anything to do with my left arm and hand? Does the numbess comes and goes in a TIA case?
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 3 years ago.
Femoroacetabular impingement of Pincer type is unlikely to be related to your recent symptoms.
In TIA, numbness usually comes and last for few minutes to few hours. But repeated attacks in just few days are not usual.
Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is left arm and leg typical for TIA? What are other symtoms common beside the numbness? Can the tingling and numbness exist by itsself in a TIA? Going to ER will take 4-6hrs and I am trying to figure out if how urgent it is. Let me know if you need addtional info.
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 3 years ago.
TIA can involve any organ or part of the body. Usually in case of local nerve involvement, numbness and tingling is only in one limb, such as only in arm or only in leg. If both arm and leg on one side are involved, the problem is likely to be in the brain, such as TIA, anxiety etc.
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience: Physician