Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

I have sharp pain going down the right side of my neck, extremely

I have sharp pain going down the right side of my neck, extremely tender lymph node on right side, it is warm and swollen and I find it a bit hard to swallow. I don't want to go to the doctor for swollen lymph nodes that are from a cold or something. Any suggestions - never experienced this before
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

From how long you have this neck pain on right side?
From how long you have this enlarged lymph nodes?
Are you having cold symptoms?
Sore throat? Running nose?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The neck pain started yesterday morning. It has continued since then and become worse. When I turn my head the wrong way it becomes tight and worse. I have had sharp ear pain on and off for about a year.
Swollen lymph nodes noticed yesterday with the pain.
No cold symptoms at all - no running nose - no sore throat.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.

Sometimes an infection can occur in the lymph node itself; this is called lymphadenitis and is usually a result of an infection that originated near a lymph node.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.
A biopsy and culture of the affected area or node may reveal the cause of the inflammation.The pain in right side of neck you are having is due to nerve root pressure from the swollen lymph nodes.

This should not be ignored & be checked by your doctor. It is not due to simple cold. Bacterial cause is involved & prescription antibiotics will be required.

So I advice you to make an early appointment with your doctor for the clinical examination prescription antibiotics accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Dr.David, Doctor
Experience: Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS