Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS

is a shoulder injury and dizziness/nausea related about

is a shoulder injury and dizziness/nausea related?

about a week ago I had a heavy fall on my right shoulder while playing rugby. for the last 3 days i have had dizziness and nausea and wanted to know if this is caused by the shoulder injury. also wondering what damage i may have done to my shoulder. the pain is more around middle of shoulder and hurts most when i bring my pull my arm round to the other arm.

I am an orthopedic surgeon and would be glad to help.

Shoulder injury would not cause nausea and vomiting.Other causes need to be looked for which may be responsible.Foremost among these would be a head injury or concussion.
If the range of motion at your shoulder is full you may not have much to worry about but if the range of motion is restricted and if you are not able to raise your arm by the side of shoulder you will need to get the shoulder examined by a doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can dizziness alone be caused by the shoulder trauma?
No not really.