DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Is CB-1 weight gaining pills safe to take and have they been

Is CB-1 weight gaining pills safe to take and have they been on the market long for sell? Is there any side effects to be concerned with?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Contains herbal extract, mainly echinacea.
no evidence that this will make you gain weight
Safe if you can trust the company that this is what it contains but not regulated.
If it stimulates your appetite and you have no medical condition that needs to be addressed then and only then would it hep with weight gain, but there is no proof that it does so, despite what the company claims.
This is not a typical use of this herb.
There are no clinical trials that prove it works for this.

Good luck
let me know if you have further questions
You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay so the main ingredient is echinacea what is that and is it basically a herb taking this based on what it states is in it should cause me no harm it may or may not cause weight gain based on how my body responds to the medication
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
This is correct.
If this is what it is, it should cause you no harm.
However, echinacea does stimulate the immune system..white cell activity, etc.
There is a theoretical concern that you should not take this for a long period of time, in that you do not want to constantly stimulate the immune system.
However, many people have used the herb, even long term and there are no definite ill effects reported.
good luck again
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
last part of question long term means about what is considered long term 3-6mos or like no longer than a year and do you suggest usage in 3mos. use then maybe a couple months no intake explain....
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
In the medical use of echinacea, it is given for two week periods, usually no more than once or twice a year, to boost immunity.
However, there are many other uses.
A rule of thumb is if it doesn't help with your problem after 6 weeks...dump it.
good luck