Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

What does this mean There is inhomogeneity of the marrow

What does this mean?

There is inhomogeneity of the marrow signal throughout the lumbar spine. may represent delayed involution or reactivation due to anaemia
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
any other medical problems or medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Had MRI scan because of sciatic pain down left leg. this was one of the replies of which I didn't understand. My doctor has taken blood for testing.

No other medical problems.

Well as you get older, your bones involute- they lose mineral mass over time. This is why you are more prone to fracture. If you have delayed involution, it may mean that your bones are stronger for your age (which is good). usually this is because of good physical activity. Another possibility is that you are very anemic and the bones are more active because of the need to make more red blood cells. your complete blood count needs to be tested to rule this out.

warm regards