Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Experience:  M.D.

my ear is numb. what would cause this to happen

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 3 years ago.

Dr.tiwari :

Dr.tiwari :

Do you have any ear infection?

Dr.tiwari :

History of diabetes?

Dr.tiwari :

History of injury to face or ear?

Customer:

not as far as i know of. ever since i was born ive got alot ear infections. my grandmother was diabetic. no injury to face

Dr.tiwari :

The ear numbness may be there due toear infection,recurrent cold,diabetes(leading to affection of nerves).

Dr.tiwari :

Also affection of sensory nerves or cerebrovascular acident like stroke may lead to this.

Customer:

if its an ear infection is there anything that can be done to prevent ear infections

Dr.tiwari :

In that caase you should use broad spectrum antibiotic drops for local use with broad spectrum oral antibiotic like ciprofloxacin or amoxycillin.

Dr.tiwari :

You should also increase the intake of zinc(30mg /day),chromium,selenium to increase your immunity.

Dr.tiwari :

You should not ignore this symptom &

Dr.tiwari :

should consult to your ENT doctor.

Customer:

i dont have a regular doctor that i go to. usually i go to medpointe and all they do is give amoxycillinj

Dr.tiwari :

Your problem is related with speciality.

Dr.tiwari :

You should consult to a doctor with specialization in ENT

Customer:

what is ent

Dr.tiwari :

Ear ,nose & throat doctor.

Dr.tiwari :

Are you there?

Customer:

yea. i went to a ear, nose, and throat doctor the first time my ear became numb. this isnt the first time

Dr.tiwari :

What was his opinion

Dr.tiwari :

?

Customer:

he didnt tell me anything

Customer:

the only thing he told was i wasnt losing my hearing and that was it

Dr.tiwari :

You should discuss this with your ENT doctor.If this problem is not related with his field then this may be due to affection of nerves ,for this neurophysiciam may be helpful.This should not be ignored.

Customer:

a neurophysiciam would be what kind of doctor

Dr.tiwari :

Who deals with problem of nerves.

Dr.tiwari :

As i already described about it.

Dr.tiwari :

That this may also be related with nerve affections.

Customer:

i got one more question but its involving this

Dr.tiwari :

Please tell me that.

Customer:

would u recommend the gardasil shots to anyone who can receive them

Customer:

u there

Dr.tiwari :

Gardasil is recommended for males aged 9-15 & females 9-26 yr of age.

Dr.tiwari :

It ia against HPV virus which causes warts.

Customer:

i got the first one but my arm is still sore from the injection. how long will take for the soreness to go away

Dr.tiwari :

You should do cold fomentation over it .

Dr.tiwari :

This will go away generally with in 5-7 days.

Customer:

ive heard stories the next were really painful when injected is this true

Dr.tiwari :

These are the minor side effects.

Dr.tiwari :

It is not true.

Dr.tiwari :

Hope this all will be helpful for you.

Customer:

im planning on going back to college next year what shots do u have to be updated on. the last shot i remembered getting was when i was 13

Dr.tiwari :

Sorry ,but you are shifting on other questions,for which you have to post separately.

Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Experience: M.D.