Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

My glands in my neck keep swelling up-I am lightheaded-when

My glands in my neck keep swelling up-I am lightheaded-when I sleep at night the glands go back to normal-I am always tired
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be up to your expectations .

Any sore throat that you had previous to the swellings?
How long has the swelling been there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no sore throat-has been going on for about 4 weeks now-I have many allergies and my ears feel like they are plugged-went to see my ear, nose and throat doctor and he saw a small sinus infection
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
The swelling that you have ,seems to be due to secondary infection of the lymph node . The primary source can be the sinus infection. The ear symptoms can also be due to the sinus infection, as the infection of nose can reach the ears.
If Claritin and few other antibiotics have not worked, then a culture and sensitivity test of the sputum or phlegm should be done. This will show that what type of bacteria is responsible and what antibiotic would be good for it.
Your best course would be to visit your ENT and get a culture and sensitivity test done , so that accurate antibiotic can be started.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career