Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

what causes boils around the anus after one comes to a head

what causes boils around the anus? after one comes to a head and leaks out there are a couple more starting and this is very painfull.

Thanks for the question. I would say that boil or furuncle is an infection of hair follicle which is caused mostly by bacteria named Staphylococcus aureus. When a group of infective hair follicles are involved it leads to carbuncle. You are having recurrent (again & again) boils due to bacterial infection. It is treated by using antibiotics in order to cure infection, pain killers to reduce pain & drainage of pus. Some times tests are required to see the immunity status & to see if there is any disturbed blood sugar levels. Because these are more common in people with diabetes or with low immunity levels but also can occur in healthy people. I will advise to see your physician now for examination & antibiotics in order to cure the infection. I will also suggest to take multivitamins like Tab. centrum one tablet daily available OTC & take healthy diet. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.