Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist

I have been having a wet sensation on my legs and on my arm.

I have been having a wet sensation on my legs and on my arm. When I wipe there, nothing, not wet, no water. It just happens at no specific time. Might be my leg or arm. There is now a burning sensation around the nipple on the same side of the wet feeling. Do they go hand in hand or separate symptoms? I have had a back fusion, I have Chronic Neutrophilic Leukemia. Could it be something connected to this? I am also 68 years old and is it just old age pains, get use to it.

The wet sensation legs, arm, around the nipple is termed paresthesia. Paresthesia means abnormal sensation. This is most likely due to chronic neutrophilic leukemia. The other concomitant cause can be pinched nerves in the neck (wet sensation around nipple and arm) and back (wet sensation in legs).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist your further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The feeling around my nipple is a burning sensation and has been there for about 3 weeks. The wet feeling in my arm or leg comes and goes. The sensations in my arm and leg I feel stems from the bone spire(not sure how you spell it) in my neck. I also had fusion in my back in 2000 for spondolitis (again not sure how it is spelled). My left leg aches like it did before I had my opperation and I take nurotin for that. I am a mess. I know that thing are not right because I again feel tired, nauseated, stomach hurts around my diaphram and in the middle of my stomach, which the doctors thought it might be an abdominal anurasm, but it wasn't. It still hurts there too. Am I a nut? Or do these thing need to be addressed?

Your symptoms do need to be addressed.

The pinched nerves (due to bone spurs/lumbar and cervical spondylosis and degenerated disc disease) can cause wet sensation in the arm and leg which comes and go.

The burning feeling around nipple, nausea, pain in middle and upper abdomen need to be looked for following;

1) Hiatal hernia

2) Acid reflux (GERD; gastroesophageal reflux disease)

3) Peptic ulcer

You can start following treatment;

1) antacids; Maalox
2) acid blocker; Prilosec
3) loosing weight, if overweight.
4) avoiding spicy food, alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.

7) elevate head end of the be by 8 inches.

You would need following investigations, if not done;

1) Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (camera exam)

2) Barium swallow and barium meal

It seems that you have neuropathy, which is giving you leg ache, for which you are taking Neurontin. Supplements and alternative integrative therapy protocols for neuropathy are;

1) Evening primrose oil
2) Acetyl-l-carnitine
3) Alpha-lipoic acid
4) Benfotiamine (Milgamma), 100 mg, is a lipid-soluble vitamin B1 analogue.

5) Vitamin E

Neuropathy also can explain your paresthesia / wet sensation. This is diagnosed by;

1) Nerve conduction velocity study

2) Vitamin B12 estimation

3) Skin biopsy.

It is priivlege assisting you.

Dr. Arun