Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

How long does it take for vitamin D to get out of your system

How long does it take for vitamin D to get out of your system and will it continue to dis apper if you spend some time in the sun?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 years ago.
Dear Jacustomer,

The data suggests that after you stop take vitamin d it may take 2-3 weeks before vitamin d is out of your body because of prolonged half life.This also varies on various factors like time of consumption(duration),renal functions.The sun may help form vitamin d in your body but will not help remove vitamin d taken as oral dosage from your body to my opinion.

Thanks

Feel free to ask further questions if any.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.