Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

my anus area is moist and itchy, how do i heal this area

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke rash? When does it occur most? Was any test done? When did you visit doctor last? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
about a month, symptoms are red itchy skin, mostly noticeble at night, doctor visit in december 10, no significant past illness.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

There may be many causes for the condition.There may be fungal or bacterial infection . This can also come from an internal condition like hemorrhoid , fissure or a skin condition like psoriasis, dermatitis etc. In addition there may be pinworm infection also which irritates more at night. The treatment will depend on condition. OTC antihemorrhoid cream, antifungal cream can be used as you are using. For the precise diagnosis you need to consult doctor for examination and get appropriate treatment.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regard
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are there other signs to look for in the case of pin worm
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.
You can attach the sticky side of clear cellophane tape against your rectum at night. Pinworm which come out to lay eggs will stick to the tape or the eggs can get attached to it. This can be seen or tested under a microscope in a lab.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
in that case how can one obtain mebendazole, pyrantel pamoate, and albendazole?
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.
Your doctor can give a prescription for the medicines when the diagnosis is confirmed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if this is not pin worm and it is jock itch or topical (ihave been applying topical treatment for about 3 days) what is the best way to try and reduce irritation to the area outside of keeping the area dry. In your estimation what causes the moisture?
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.
Moisture can occur from sweating or it can come from discharge from anus as with hemorrhoid. Moisture favors the fungal growth. Fungal infection can take time to recover. It may need weeks too. You should try to keep the area dry as much as possible.
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 25 years of clinical experience