The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

I have a vibration in my chest just under my right breast,

I have a vibration in my chest just under my right breast, comes and goes, mostly comes.
Feels like a buzzing, I have been diagnosed with atrial fib, but that is not where this vibration is coming from> Any thoughts?
Category: Medical
Expert:  The Physician replied 3 years ago.

Greetings

How often does this sensation occur?

Is it associated with difficulty in breathing?

During evaluation for Afib, did you get a chest x-ray?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The sensation occurs almost constatly, it does seem to be associated with my breathing. The did do a chest x-ray when they did the evaluation for afib. I am not sure of that result because it was so long ago, This chest sensation has been around for about 2 months now

The only organs that might cause sensation in the chest are the lungs, liver and the breast on the outside (right side)

the left side excludes the liver, but includes the spleen and the heart.

the lungs and heart would have caused associative symptoms like cough, shortness of breath or palpitations

Midline has the big vessels Aorta and vena cava which may cause symptoms leaning to the right.

The description you are giving sounds like turbulence within the large vessels (Aorta/vena cava) OR a turbulence in the liver (hepatic arteries)

One would want to rule out Aneurysms of the Aorta.

Which is the most life-threatening

therefore you need a Chest X-ray, as well as a CT scan of the chest.

Edited by The Physician on 2/18/2011 at 7:09 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do have a severe cough that sometimes goes on and on and on. Sometimes I cough so hard that there is terrible pain acrossed my chest and down both arms, it might be related to the gastric reflux that I have or my heart medication or both. I have to keep hot tea near me constantly. I have no health insurance (what a surprise) I only work part time because of my back and ankles. In short, Doctor, I am a mess! I appriciate your help! You will never know how much!
If it happens again go to an emergency room, so you can be evaluated as I explained
The Physician, Doctor
Experience: Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.