Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I keep feeling the need to urinate but very little comes out.I

I keep feeling the need to urinate but very little comes out.I have swelling from anus to the bladder and have had x-rays and urine test which was negative.X-rays show a lot of gas in colon.Could the pressure of gas and/or swelling cause the bladder spasms?

Dr. Shah :

Hello, Welcome to Just answer! I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Dr. Shah :

Is it a new symptom?

Dr. Shah :

Do you have to wake up at night for urination?

Customer:

I've had before but never this bad. I wake up several times a night.I feel hot but no fever.I have weak stream .

Dr. Shah :

Have you been evaluated by an urologist?

Dr. Shah :

Do you also have incontinence due to urgency?

Customer:

I have set appt for Feb.22.I couldn't get in any sooner. I have to shake my body to get the stream out..or stand up to do it at times.

Dr. Shah :

Thank you for the information. Since you are having all these symptoms for a long time, it may not be infection, but worth getting urine culture. As you are feeling spasm all the time, it could be a case of overactive bladder which can present like this. There are many possible causes of it, you can see the list from click here.

Dr. Shah :

You will need an urologist visit to confirm this diagnosis.

Dr. Shah :

If the diagnosis is made, there are many option that can be used to better outcomes.

Customer:

Thank you. Maybe the urologist will be able to help me. It has to be related to this swelling which has improved a bit. Thank you again.

Dr. Shah :

That sounds better..

Dr. Shah :

You are welcome!
Now you can press "ACCEPT" button to end this conversation. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.