Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

I have a pain in the back of my leg right above the knee but

I have a pain in the back of my leg right above the knee but does not seem to be a muscular pain. I sit a lot for work and was wondering if the pain could be due to a blood clot forming? I also had some unexplained chest and lung pains about 2 years ago and was wondering if it could have been caused by a clot from my leg? I was checked out after the pains but the doctors said they found nothing.

I can understand your anxiety.

Pain from clot generally presents with associated symptoms like swelling at the leg. I would like to consider other causes like vitamin and mineral deficiency/ irritation of the nerve/ muscle spasm/ referred pain from hip or knee.

I would suggest few investigations like blood tests, x ray for hip and knee to see for a clue to diagnosis. Color doppler will rule out any clot if there. Treatment will follow.

Till than have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking/ anti inflammatory tabs, warm compress may help.

Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless