Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

Having green bowel movement Pain in lower left side

Having green bowel movement Pain in lower left side went to dr yesterday tested stool and blood said must be an infection but said nothing about diet, or meds to relieve the pain and situation did suggest activia but how often do i eat that
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Are you having loose stool/ diarrhea?
from how long you have these symptoms?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sometime diarrhea then sometimes firm this has been going on for almost 7 days
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.

Green bowel movement(stools) are basically normal. They are usually seen with diarrhea.Bacteria in the colon break the bile(green color) salts down into simpler substances which are darker in color and hence imparts the normal color of stool.

Green stool often indicates that food has passed through the intestines faster than normal (called decreased bowel transit time), before it could be changed from green to brown.So during diarrhea,bowel transit time decreases and so imparts green color to the stool.So its normal to have green(bowel movement) stool in diarrhea.

For pain relief, take tab. Acetaminophen from your counter. it is available as OTC without prescription.Dont take solid diet.Let your stomach rest for few hours after food poisoning., Start with liquid diet.Gradually increase the amount of liquid .Try clear liquids such as flat ginger ale or white soda, broths, popsicles, or apple juice.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.