IVY MD
IVY MD, Doctor
Experience:  USA trained physician in Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Anesthesiology, and Interventional Pain
26532264

my left ear always feels like there is something crawling in

my left ear always feels like there is something crawling in my ear. My right one occasionally feels the same. What could be the cause of this?
This is actually usually more from an allergic response. However, if you don't feel that this is an allergic issue, and after trying an antihistamine like benadryl or claritin, then you may need to get it checked out to see if there is anything in there. It's unlikely to be a foreign body as you are having intermittent issues and bilateral, whereby it is much more rare to have bilateral foreign bodies.