Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

I am sweating constantly and have chills at the same time but

I am sweating constantly and have chills at the same time but no fever. What is going on? Do I need to go to the ER?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
From how long you have these symptoms?
Are you under menopause? How were your recent periods?
Is there any chest pain?

Edited by Dr.David on 2/15/2011 at 3:41 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It started before day this morning. I've had a full hysterectomy (salpingo oophorectomy) and ther is no chest pain just a little pressure but only when I'm lying flat.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.

Chills & sweating together come from the body's response to stress, called a fight or flight response.Fear is one of the most common yet prominent causes of cold sweats. Anxiety, stress,low blood pressure , low blood sugar level.A decrease of blood sugar level or the blood pressure level can be a probable cause.

There is also a possibility of angina.It occurs when heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen.It is most often caused by blockages in the arteries that supply blood to your heart.Angina may feel like pressure or squeezing in your chest.Stable angina isn't a heart attack, but it makes a heart attack more likely in the future. Another important & common cause is imbalance of hormone.

So I advice you to go to ER for tests like blood tests & EKG,stress test to rule out any heart disease & other issues.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.