tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

Spider bite, how long would it take to get tell tale symptoms

Spider bite, how long would it take to get tell tale symptoms show.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure it was a spider, and, if so, any idea what type? When did this happen, and do you have any other symptoms like fever or malaise?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bitten while dressing,Insect not actually seen, Symptom were instant swelling some weeping of the affect area, later one a distinct red core centre to wider motley appearing ring. The appearance is consistent with the bite of white tailed spider( australian) not unlike your brown house spider) not usually associated with necrosis unless there is an underlaying condition. I'm healthy and on normal weight, I'm slightly anxious and would likke to know if it is necessary to see a practitioner or progress is normal. bitten 72 Hrs. ago
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
There can be some necrolysis with that, and the process can be long term. There really isn't any antivenom, and the usual treatment is a wait and watch one to see if surgical debridement is necessary. Secondary infection can occur and require antibiotics. The antihistamines are about the only thing for the itching, and I suggest you keep the wound dry and clean. If you start getting sick, you need to see a doctor about it, and, if you haven't had a tetanus booster in the last five years, you should get another.