Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD
14307416

I have foot pain below the ankle bone on the outside of the

I have foot pain below the ankle bone on the outside of the foot that runs horizontally to the front of the foot. There is also slight swelling in the area. When I am on it for long periods of time my heel begins to hurt and makes it difficult to walk without pain.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Customer:

thank you.

Dr B :

I have read your question, before we continue, can you tell me what your expectations are from this chat session?

Customer:

I would like to know the nature of the problem and if it can be resloved. If I need to see a doctor.

Dr B :

I see, how long has this been going on?

Customer:

I have had the swelling and soreness below the ankly on & off for some time. I fell about a month ago and it has been a constant problem since that time.

Dr B :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Customer:

I have had sorness and swelling below the ankle sporadically for a year. I fell about a month ago and since that time the problem has been constant and I have been wrapping the ankle. Now the problem with the heel had begun. I am not sure if this is becuase I am walking differetnly.

Dr B :

I see, there is s strong possibility that you may have sustained a fracture in your ankle, leading to the pain and swelling. I recommend that you see a doctor to evaluate this and have it x rayed to confirm this

Customer:

Thank you. I appreciate your time and assistance.

Dr B :

You're welcome
let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button to end this chat session