Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

For the past three weeks Ive been on Bilocor 5mg. About an

For the past three weeks I've been on Bilocor 5mg. About an hour after taking the tablet I am experiencing extreme dizziness and headaches. Will these side effects get better over time?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Abby :

Hello, usually these symptoms will improve slowly over the first few weeks. Are you experiencing any improvement?

JACUSTOMER-o51bvx18- :

Dr Abby no not at all.

Dr. Abby :

I would talk with your doctor then. If no improvement after three weeks, you may want to change to a different medication.

JACUSTOMER-o51bvx18- :

The reason why he prescribed it was as a result of a very high heart rate. During my last visit my heart rate was 128bpm. Is Bilocor the correct type of medication to lower the heart rate?

Dr. Abby :

Yes, it is a beta blocker medication. This class of medication is commonly used to slow the heart rate. Perhaps you could try taking it before you go to bed.

JACUSTOMER-o51bvx18- :

Thank you will do so.

Dr. Abby :

Good :)