Experience:  dasdasd

Approximately how much does surgery cost for a broken clavicle

Approximately how much does surgery cost for a broken clavicle without insurance?
How bad is the break?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is completely fractured in the center and the bones are overlapping one another
OK--hard to give you an exact price, but this would involve OR time, general anaesthesia, and hardware to stabilize the fracture. The surgeon's fee and the anaesthesiologist's fees would be separate, then there's the OR and recovery room time, and, of course, rehab and follow up afterwards. All in all, I'd estimate the total cost at at least $10,000 or a bit more.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wow would there be a way to set it without surgery?
Have you discussed this with a doctor before, and how much overlapping is there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not really it just happened today to be honest im just trying to figure out what i can do. They are overlapping by an inch or so
Well, this isn't something that has to be repaired immediately. Immobilization of the arm with a sling and swath brace will help with the mending process. If it could be manually reset and held in place long enough, it would heal. Otherwise, even if it doesn't respond to manipulation, it will heal, but you'll be left with a bump that will be obvious at the fracture site. Even without surgery, in the long run, this shouldn't cause you any physical disability.
Other questions--I noticed you didn't accept my answer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would my family physician be able to reset it for me if i asked them to? or would i have to go to an orthopedic surgeon and have it done?
He could try, although I don't know if he'd be willing to do so.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If I chose surgery would the hospital be able to set me up with a payment plan?
Possibly, but you'd have to see about that yourself.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would the pins and plates ultimately have to be removed?
It's usually just a single plate, and, no, it's not usually removed.