Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have sore inner thighs, achy. Also, burning and itchy sensation

I have sore inner thighs, achy. Also, burning and itchy sensation in same area. Male 52 yrs.

Does it occur in both thigh? Can you elaborate the precise area? Since how long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom? Was any test done? Are you on any other medication besides gabapentin? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Both thigh from inner groin to knee. Sympton for 6 months. Achy arms. No test done. Blood pressure med, nexium and a lokat joint. No past illness.

Thank you for the input,

The pain, burning and itchy sensation on the both thigh sounds more likely due to pinching of nerve. If the nerve is compressed in the spine, it can happen. Though on the both side is uncommon, but can be possible. When gabapentin does not relieve the pain, I think you will need an MRI spine to check the condition. The pinching can occur at the back spine. A consultation with a neurologist will be helpful here. Though there are few other causes of irritation of nerve like deficiency states, diabetes, thyroid, nerve disorders like MS,neuropathies etc but nerve impingement sounds more likely. Blood tests, nerve conduction test etc. can be done. In addition, stretching, physical therapy, TENs therapy, steroid injections can also be tried. Other medicines like lyrica, lamictal or antidepressants like elavi are also used. Sometimes surgery can be needed if conservative measures fail.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.