Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

I have tiny twinges of pain in my upper chest area. They

I have tiny twinges of pain in my upper chest area. They are like short pins and needles. They happen every hour or so. They're very faint. sometimes they're on the top right hand side of my chest.

what should I do? I am a healthy 65 year old woman, who is very fit. My bp is fairly stable....
I have absolutely no shortness of breath. /pain in jaw, etc.

thank you
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Do you feel any pressure on chest?
Is there any chest pain?
Is there any numbness in arms?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, no numbness in arms.... no pressure on the chest at all.... no pain in the chest...just funny little 'twinges' ..more pins and needles .... only happened this morning. for a few minutes..stopped now. helps when I rub on it.....

have no indigestion either....

Thanks for the info given. Although there seems nothing to be serious about this symptom. The only possibility of your symptom seems to be due to angina. It occurs when heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen.It is most often caused by blockages in the arteries that supply blood to your heart.Angina may feel like pressure or squeezing in your chest.Stable angina isn't a heart attack, but it makes a heart attack more likely in the future.
All types of chest pressure or chest pain should be checked by the doctor to rule out any heart disease.You need some blood tests & EKG.,stress test. I advice you to consult your doctor for physical examination & EKG to rule out any heart disease.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.