Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

I need an online consultation for pain medication.

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
What type of pain are you having?
What is the severity & exact location of pain?
From how long are you having this pain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been having this pain for 4 years. I have been diagnosed with colitis, ibs but nothing seems to work. I have had a colonoscopy and everything else leading up to that and more cat scans that I care to have had.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the info given. Please stay online, I will post your answer in a couple of minutes.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Please see the answer below:

Edited by Dr.David on 1/29/2011 at 3:23 PM EST
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience: Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.

IBS is not a disease. It’s a functional disorder, meaning that the bowel doesn't’t work, or function, correctly. Its causes are unknow.Research states that that people who suffer from IBS have a colon, or large intestine, that is particularly sensitive and reactive to certain foods and stress. The immune system, which fights infection, may also be involved.

All the tests for IBS will come normal like endoscopy, colonoscopy, video camera,X-rays of the abdomen,barium meal studies & barium follow through tests. All these will come normal.There are other anti diarrheal medications. Also you need anti depressant medications.Taking probiotics will increase the 'good' bacteria in the gut which will help to ward off 'bad' bacteria that may have some effect on causing IBS symptoms and pain.

The prescription medications approved for the treatment of IBS are: Alosetron (Lotronex),Lubiprostone (Amitiza).Medications that affect certain activities of the autonomic nervous system (anticholinergics)are very effective in relieving the abdominal pain or stomach ache.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these prescription medications. Till then you can take tab. naproxen. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Also take tab. Meftal spas. It is anti spasmodic. Both are availaible as OTC without prescription.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dr.David on 1/29/2011 at 3:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I have pain in my intestines which is severe cramping I have done every test available and do not wish to make an appt with a local dr to go through all of this again. That is why I have enlisted your help. I need some relief from this pain and very unhappy with my last answer as I have already tried all of that. I need a consultation for pain medication and I can fax most of my medical records. The whole point of going through you is so I don't have to make an appt with a local dr.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 years ago.

It is a violation of federal law for a physician to prescribe any controlled substance without having first performed a face-to-face evaluation. Once an initial face-to-face evaluation is performed, it is not required that a face-to-face evaluation be performed before every refill, although it is expected that evaluations would be performed at appropriate intervals. Therefore, it is illegal for a physician to prescribe a controlled substance over the internet. The only way to obtain controlled substances legally is to see your physician.

Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
As Dr.DLove has stated above that I also have stated the same thing. Medicines cannot be prescribed online without physically seeing the patient. Only over the counter medicines can be prescribed which I have described you above. So to get the prescription medication, I advice you to consult your doctor physically.