Experience:  dasdasd

dangers of drinking 6 beers every night for a 45 year old

dangers of drinking 6 beers every night for a 45 year old women
Major possibilities--pancreatitis, gastritis, peptic ulcers, liver damage and cirrhosis, diabetes, just to start. Of course, she may have an drinking problem and my telling her what could happen may not stop her drinking.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you tell me some of your opinions on what drinking 6-8 beers a night for 45 yr old women who eats very little,no real exercise has low energy, she's lost 20 pounds,and says she has no drinking problem your a doctor what do you honestly think
Sorry--didn't catch exactly what you meant by that last question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

well, your an expert and do you think 6-8 beers every night for 45 yr old women makes her an alcoholic and how dangeruos is this

What is her reaction when you or anyone else suggests she stop? Has her drinking ever gotten her in trouble with the law, work, social relationships, etc.? And when was the last time she had a full physical exam and blood work?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
her reaction is defensive and angry and she says she has no problem she has got in trouble in the last 10 yrs a little it affects me her boyfreind and she has no bloodwork or physical in 5 years
OK. The fact that she has that reaction is a pretty good indication she is an alcoholic. Deep down inside, most alcoholics know they have a problem and worry about it, and when someone mentions their concern about the drinking, that's how they react, or they say, "I can take it or leave it." Normal people without a drinking problem have no reason to react either way. She needs the exam and blood work to see if any of the physical problems I mentioned above are present. But, even if a doctor tells an alcoholic they are in serious danger of major health problems or even death if they don't quit drinking, that isn't often enough to stop them. An intervention with family and a doctor might help. I'd say she needs to be in a treatment program, or, at least avail herself of Alcoholics Anonymous, but she may not agree to either. Even if you offer her the ultimatum of you or the beer, she may not stop.

Edited by Doctor Chip on 1/29/2011 at 1:20 AM EST