Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

i have extreme pain in my left index finger too the middle

i have extreme pain in my left index finger too the middle od my hand very severe i wouldnt have asked you if it wasnt that bad but its extremely severe please help what would you call it and what kind of doctor do i got too i am currenty seeing a DO for my back i had and epidural shot about a month ago but my back still hurts some days enough too have too take prescription med ffrom the DO what is going on
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

How long has the finger pain been there?
Any swelling in finger?
Which finger is affected and which part of the finger is in pain or is it the whole finger?
Any history of trauma to that finger?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its been on and off for maybe a year no swelling at all its my index finger left hand no history of trauma
Have you undergone any tests?
Is there a joint affected in this finger or the whole of finger?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it s my finger mostly almost too wrist from the knuckle too wrist i would say
Sorry to hear about your problem

It seems that you are suffering from joint disease that is causing you pain in the back and the finger. The joint disease in the finger can result in damaging the tendon attached to that finger , which can result in pain in whole finger upto the wrist. You need to undergo few tests to reach a diagnosis . These include
ESR
Blood CP
X ray of the spine
X ray of the finger
RA factor
Serum uric acid

It can be rheumatoid arthritis or osteo arthritis. If you are in severe pain right now, you can take a medicine like Motrin for relief.
Your best course would be to visit a rheumatologist or an orthopedic surgeon for expert management of your disease rather than a PCP.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
also i am very aware of the bad effect od acetaphen and the stomh problems w/ ibuprofin 3200 limit for the ibuprofin a 4000 a day for the acetametaphen i like the percocet much more cause i know it gets rid of the pain for sure ibuprofin screws up my stomach all sorts of problems i feel bloated hard hard stools i know its probally safer i would assume than the percocet but im am fully responsable w/ it would you say its ok w/ the percocet cause my gp thinks its bad for the obvious reasons but again he sent me too the DO in the first place i feel unsure but i cant be in pain dr please advise me or give me some closure w/ the percocet sad too say i must tell you my gp says the DO is going too turn me into a drug addict not a very comforting thing too say too me almost insulting casue iamd very educated on the bad effects of acetaphin and ibuprofin i ahve educated myself onthese these things i like my liver and stomach so where do go now please help
Hello again

Yes, there are effects of acetaminophen and Ibuprofen on stomach , but there are ways to avoid it. You can use a PPI like omeprazole for stomach protection along with above mentioned drugs.
Also Orthrotec contains mesoprostol which is stomach protecting and this drug is very good pain killer.
Then there is a drug called Celecoxib that is gastro protective and does not have bad side effects on stomach to a great extent.
Percocet can also be used and addiction can only occur if you take it in very high dose for an extended period of time but if required, these products are there to be used.
You can change your doctor or visit the specialist that I have already mentioned for expert opinion.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
whats considered a high dose of percocet i take the 325 10 should i be worried about addiction? what addiction anyway withdrawl from it? if im in pain i take it god forbid the pain never goes away can i take this for the rest of my life? again as i said befoe im responsible w/ it and vever would take more than prescribed i knwo you said high dosages of this i "addicting" im only aware of one strength of "percocet"325 10 right now it seems too do the trick i know its a narcotic and it makes you "feel good" but i need it for pain honestly doctor and w/o it i wont feel good at all. im sorry too make a big deal out of this but the ibuprofin isnt 100% effective for me so i wont waste my time w/ it if it isnt the best thing for pain for me my gp of course cares for me and would love me too take 600 mgs of antiinflamatory ibuprofin and alterna tive antiinflamitory i will look into thew othe rmeds you mentiond w/ my DO dr adian and discuss it w/ him but hes not my gp kinda more diffucult too see him not very hard though again is 325 a high dose (strictly every 6 hrs) no mor no less im worried now you sid high dosages will be addicive can i take it forever and also is it ok for me too continue w/ the percocet and am i being overy concerned w/ my pain med (percocet) again i never take more and prescribed and and i assume its not a "high dosage" which is what im concerned about now thanks for yourhelp chris

you doctor
Hello again

If you do not take percocet higher than the advised dose, then it is fine. Also this dose is not that high and this can be taken.

Best regards
Dr. Sam
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi dr sam you were very very helpful and knowledge and i thank you for your help but you said you mentiond a doctor who could alos be of help i dont see his name mentioned also is ihe in ny/ ? i live in rockville ctr on long island and my doctors are very near and very good but it always good too know more what was his name, the doctor you said mighgt be more help thanks
Hello again

I did not mention the name of any doctor. What I was trying to tell you was the type of doctor that you need to visit. You can visit a Rheumatologist or an Orthopedic surgeon in your area. You can ask your PCP to refer you to one or tell you the choices available to you in the vicinity , so you could visit one.
I hope this would be of great help to you.

Best of luck...Take care.