Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have a Sharp pain running down my right arm since I woke

Customer Question

I have a Sharp pain running down my right arm since I woke up yesterday morning, it feels like its stemming from my shoulder blade right down to my forearm, can you recommend.any thing?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.

Is there any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke tenderness, redness etc? Was there any injury? Are you on any other medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no tenderness or redness, I may of injured it using a pick in the garden but it just came on me when I woke yesterday, when I straighten my arm I.get a pain on my forearm, I haven't taken any other medication
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

I shall try my best to explain the condition. Sorry for the delay due to problems with the site. The pain down the arm sounds more likely due to pinching of nerve. This can occur at the back spine or it can occur in the limb too.Though there are few other causes of tingling & numbness like deficiency states, diabetes, thyroid, nerve disorders like MS,neuropathies etc but nerve impingement sounds more likely. Analgesics with antiinflammatory actions like ibuprofen can be continued. You can apply warm compress.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.