Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

Can insufficient or excessive servings of carbohydrates, proteins,

Can insufficient or excessive servings of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and fiber add to my health or my illness? Please give example of each. Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

It depends on the type of health problems you have. Please mention , what health problems you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I need simply to know advantages and disadvantages these nutrients have on the body: Fat, Proteins, Carb, Fiber. Need this information quickly.

Thanks.

Mary

Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

Carbohydrates provide instant energy to the body for all the work that has to be done by us. you can say that it contains the ready made energy that can be utilized in doing our daily work.
Proteins are the building blocks and is used in synthesis of muscles in the body and amino acids for DNA and other structures. In times of need, this can be converted into glucose, that is a carbohydrate for energy requirements.
Fats are the body stores of energy. They provide energy in time of need and is converted to glucose that can then be utilized to provide energy.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry doctor Sam. Believe Fiber was listed in my original email. If not, would you be kind enough to comment on good and bad fiber in the body. Need asap.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Welcome again

Fiber , also known as roughage is the part of diet that is not digested in the body like carbohydrates, fats or proteins. It passes undigested through the intestine and gives bulk to the food.The food that we eat do contain fiber and that fiber part passes unchanged through the digestive tract.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Sam! Make it a great day! mj

Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome.

Please click accept ,so that I get paid for my time and effort for you. This would encourage me to keep helping people like you.

Best regards
Dr. Sam
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One more thing, Doctor....What happens if the body does not get this ROUGHAGE?...Need response asap. Thanks.mj
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

One can develop constipation as the water will not come out of the walls into the lumen of the intestine when there is no fiber in the intestine.

Best regards
Dr. Sam
Dr.Hussey, Doctor