Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

My left arm is swollen - I have neck shoulder pain (maybe a

Customer Question

My left arm is swollen - I have neck shoulder pain (maybe a nerve inpingement issue) but I have had swelling in my feet/ankles and this arm swelling is new... I wake up with the swelling ...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any tests done to see liver & kidney functions? History of shortness of breath?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had some typical lab work... nothing specific and I have notice the past few days having a little shortness of breath when walking in to work... creatine was .9 maybe I am dehydrated however I also seem to have issues with some incontenance...
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the details. I would say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated and these are kidney disease, liver disorder, nutritional deficiency, autoimmune disorder. I will advise to have these tests such as blood urea/creatinine, liver function tests, ANA levels, c-reactive protein, blood culture. I will suggest to see a specialist in internal medicine for complete evaluation and these tests. It is important to have early examination & tests done in order to rule out any thing serious. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.

Edited by Dr. Amir on 1/15/2011 at 6:24 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
you welcome and best wishes for you.