Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

On the ball of my foot it feels like there is a lump when i

On the ball of my foot it feels like there is a lump when i walk no pain just uncomfortable. What could this be

Since when are you having these symptoms? Is there any swelling or do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

off and on for months, no pain or swelling just the discomfort. no medical conditions. I work out 4 to6 days a week

I can understand your anxiety.

Foot is a complex part of the body. The foot ball has underlying calcaneum {bone} with overlying tendons/ ligaments with overlying fat and skin. Any abnormality at either of these can be felt as lump.

I would first like to rule out any abnormality at the bone {cyst/ some other lesion}. Other causes like soft tissue lesion also need to be considered. Some times reduced sensation at the site can be felt as a lump {diabetes/ irritation of the nerve}.

I would suggest a physical examination along with few investigations like x ray foot followed by MRI if needed to get the diagnosis. Treatment will follow.

Till than avoid injury/ get immediate medical help if there is associated pain or swelling.

Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless