Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

My blood sugar levels are low, but my A1C1 count is still at

My blood sugar levels are low, but my A1C1 count is still at a 10.2 what should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

Please name the medicine that you use?
How long have you been using them?
What was the level of sugar last time you checked?
Do you have any symptoms from low blood sugar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've been on meds since Dec 20, and the names are XXXXX XXXXX Metformin 1000mg

82 was my last sugar level, and no symptoms from low blood sugar

Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

Sorry to hear about your disease

I want to tell you that there is nothing to worry about here. The blood sugar levels are with in normal limits and not low at all.
The value of HbA1c shows the status of blood sugar levels over the past 8-12 weeks and not the current status. This is because the glucose if in excess attaches to Red blood cells and thus the HbA1c is increased. The life of RBC is 120 dyas and with time when the RBCs with excess glucose will die, the value of HbA1c will return to normal. If you want to check the status of HbAic for today , you would have to do that test after few weeks. As you have just started the medicine 3 weeks ago, it will take few more weeks for the HbA1c to return to normal.
This test should be repeated at an interval of 3-4 months to estimate glucose control over the previous three month period.
There is no cause of concern here.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career